A Vietnam multiple entry visa is a visa that allows its holders to enter and leave Vietnam several times during your visa validity. It is also called “re-entry Vietnam visa”. This kind of Vietnamese visa is very convenient for those who want to have several visits in Vietnam during a certain period of time.
Types of Vietnam multi entry visa
At the moment, a multiple entry visa to Vietnam is classified by purpose of visit and visa validity into:
- 1 month tourist visa;
- 3 months tourist visa;
- 1 year tourist visa (for US passport holders only);
- 1 month business visa;
- 3 months business visa;
- 6 months business visa;
- 1 year business visa;
In addition, overseas Vietnamese and spouse and children of overseas Vietnamese and Vietnamese citizens can apply for a 5 years Vietnam visa multiple entry visa.
How to Get a Multiple Entry Visa for Vietnam?
At the moment, travelers may have up to 2 ways to get a Vietnam tourist/business multiple entry visa, namely:
- Get Vietnam embassy visa;
- Get visa on arrival.
Let’s learn in details the steps and documents in each option.
1. Get Vietnam embassy visa
Normally, the process to get a visa at Vietnam embassy covers:
- Preparation of documents for visa application, including: completed application form, original passport, photo(s), (and sponsor letter of a Vietnam-based company for a business visa application);
- Travel to the office of Vietnam embassy/consulate to submit the application and pay the visa fees, or send all the documents and visa fee to address of the Vietnam embassy/consulate by post.
- Get the visa and original passport in person at Vietnam embassy/consulate or get it sent back by post.
This process and required documents mentioned above are not the same at all embassies/consulates of Vietnam in foreign countries. So, we highly recommend you to contact the Vietnam embassy you are applying for the visa for detailed information.
2. Get Vietnam visa on arrival
The process and required document to get a multiple entry visa on arrival to Vietnam for travelers are almost the same. Its covers 3 steps as follows:
- Complete the online Application form with some information including full name, passport number, passport expiry date and pay for service fee by credit cards (no document is required).
- Get visa approval letter via email within certain period of time (2 working days for tourist visa or 7 working days for business visa – or faster if you use our Super-urgent service).
- Get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport by showing the visa approval letter, 02 passport photos, entry and exit form and stamping fee at the VOA counter at Vietnam airport upon landing there.
Follow is sample of the approval letter for Vietnam multiple entry visa on arrival:
Sample approval letter for Vietnam multiple entry visa on arrival
And to get a multiple entry visa on arrival for Vietnam, travelers need to have their first entry in Vietnam by air. The exits and following entries can be done by any means of transport.
Note: As of 01 January 2019, 6 month and 1 year multiple entry visa for Vietnam on arrival are unavailable (except for 1 year multiple entry visa for US passport holders). We will update this page frequently if there are changes for those types of visa for Vietnam.
How much is a Multiple Entry Visa to Vietnam?
The Vietnam multiple entry visa fee may vary depending on the option you choose to get your visa.
- For embassy visa: the Vietnam visa fees depend on the embassy you are applying with. The visa fee is paid ONCE at the Vietnam embassy.
- For Visa on arrival: the fees depend on which types of visa you are applying for. There are two types of fee you need to pay: service fee and stamping fee. While the service fee is paid online to get visa approval letter, the stamping fee is paid in cash at Vietnam airport to get visa stamped. You may see Vietnam visa on arrival fees for updated details.