Vietnam legalization is required for prove that your document issued in Singapore has legal validity in Singapore and can be used legally in Vietnam. The process is be useful for different purposes, including applying for a new job, doing business, getting marriage, divorcing, registering a birth, getting Vietnam work permit, buying or selling property, etc.
In this post, we will guide you through important things about Vietnam consular legalization of Singapore documents/papers, and how to do this process.
1. What is Vietnam consular legalization of Singapore documents
Vietnam consular legalization of Singapore documents/papers means a process in which the Vietnam’s competent authority certify stamps, signatures and titles on papers and documents which were issued in Singapore and have been authenticated by Singapore’s competent authority, so that the Singapore documents/papers can be legally used in Vietnam.
2. Can I Get My Singapore Documents Legalized in Vietnam?
Yes. You can get your Singapore documents legalized in both Singapore and Vietnam by following the procedures mentioned below.
3. How to legalize Singapore documents for use in Vietnam
As mentioned above, you can legalize the documents issued in Singapore in both Singapore and Vietnam by the following procedures:
3.1 Legalization of Singapore documents in Singapore
With this options, you will need to follow 3 steps below:
👉Step 1: Translate into English and Notarize
In this step, you need to get your Singaporean document/paper translated into Vietnamese and attached with a notarial certificate by a public notary office appointed by the Singapore Academy of Law. You can check their full list here.
- The following documents are exempted from this step:
- Civil documents or education certificate (eg. Registry of Marriages Certificates, Birth Certificates and Educational Certificates from local government schools) which are issued in original text or computer-generated, and have English version.
- The government commercial documents (eg. Invoices, Bills of Sales, Certificates of Origin, Fumigation certificates, etc.) which have been certified by any of 4 Chambers of Commerce (International, Chinese, Indian & Malay) or Singapore Manufacturers’ Association and have English version.
- The following documents are exempted from the translation:
- Non-government documents which have English version.
- The commercial government documents (eg. Invoices, Bills of Sales, Certificates of Origin, Fumigation certificates, etc.) which have not been certified by any of 4 Chambers of Commerce (International, Chinese, Indian & Malay) or Singapore Manufacturers’ Association should be certified by any of those authorities first.
👉Step 2: Authenticate at the Singapore Academy of Law
Please note that, starting from January 20, 2021, the authority competent for authentication of documents issued in Singapore is the Singapore Academy of Law, not the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
To get consular authentication at the Singapore Academy of Law, you should follow the following steps:
- submit an online request at https://legalisation.sal.sg/;
- make payment online by Visa or MasterCard; and
- book an appointment to authenticate your documents at the Singapore Academy of Law by clicking “Appointment Booking”.
- Get an Email Confirmation with the Invoice sent to your registered email and print it out.
- Take a copy of the Email Confirmation and Invoice, and your documents for Singapore authentication to the Singapore Academy of Law on the appointed date and show them all to the authentication officer.
Here are contact details of the Singapore Academy of Law:
- Address: 1 Supreme Court Lane, Level 5M, Singapore 178879
- Phone: (65) 6332 4388
- Email: email@example.com
- Counter opening hours are from 9:00am to 4:30pm from Monday to Friday (except for public holidays).
👉Step 3: Legalize at Vietnam embassy in Singapore
Due to COVID 19, you need to book an appointment online first by clicking here. You will get a confirmatory email once your appointment is booked.
You then need to prepare the following documents:
- Application form for Vietnam embassy consular legalization – Form No. LS/HPH-2012/TK;
- Original of personal identity paper;
- Original + 01 copy of documents requested for Vietnam embassy legalization;
- Original + 01 copy of the translation into English;
And then, you submit your documents to the Embassy of Vietnam in Singapore as follows:
- Address: 10 Leedon Park, Singapore 267887
- Phone: (+65) 64625994
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
After around 3 – 5 working days, you will receive your document sealed with the consular legalization stamp of the Vietnam embassy in Singapore.
You then need to have it translated into Vietnamese. The translation can be done at the Vietnam embassy in Singapore or at a public notary office in Vietnam.
After completing the who process mentioned above, your documents issued in Singapore are ready to be used legally in Vietnam.
3.2 Legalization of Singapore documents in Vietnam
This process is partially done in Singapore and partially done in Vietnam except for the Singapore Government civil documents and education certificates from local government schools which were issued in original text.
By choosing this process, you will need to follow 5 steps below:
👉Step 1: Notarize/Certify in Singapore
This step is required for government commercial documents and non-government documents, of which:
- The commercial documents issued by the Singapore government authorities need to be certified by:
- any of 4 Chambers of Commerce (International, Chinese, Indian & Malay); or
- Singapore Manufacturers’ Association
- The Non-government documents need to be notarized by the Notary Public appointed by the Singapore Academy of Law.
The Government civil documents and education certificates from local government schools are exempted from this step.
👉Step 2: Authenticate at Singapore Academy of Law
This step is the same as Step 2 mentioned above in the process to legalize Singapore documents in Singapore.
This step is not required for Government civil documents and education certificates from local government schools which were issued in the original text.
👉Step 3: Authenticate at Singapore Embassy/Consulate General in Vietnam
In this step, you will prepare the required documents and submit them to either of the 02 following addresses:
- Singapore embassy in Hanoi
- Address: 41-43 Tran Phu, Dien Ban, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Tel: +84-24-3848 9170-77
- Fax: +84-24-3848 9181
- Email: email@example.com
- Submission Time: 9 am – 12 noon Mon-Fri (except public holidays)
- Singapore’s Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City:
- The Saigon Centre, Level 8, 65 Le Loi Boulevard, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Tel: +(84-28) 38225174 (ext 107 or 108)
- Fax: + (84-28) 39142938
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission Time: 9am – 11.30am Mon-Fri (except public holidays)
After 1 working day, you will get your results.
👉Step 4: Translate into Vietnamese
You then need to translate your authenticated document into Vietnamese at a translation company or a State Notary Office.
👉Step 5: Legalize at Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs
You need to prepare the required documents as listed here. And then, you submit them to:
- Consular Department of Hanoi, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, at 40 Tran Phu street, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi.
- Ho Chi Minh City Department of External Relations, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, at 184 bis Pasteur, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
Normally, after 1 – 5 working days, depending on your document volume, you will get your results.
After completing this step, you can use your Singaporean document legally in Vietnam.
5. Vietnam consular legalization service for Singapore documents
You are in Vietnam and you need to use your Singaporean documents, papers, and you are aware of you need to get it legalized. But you don’t know how to do, where to start, or you are too busy to do it yourself. Then you have us as your personal assistant.
We provide a fast Vietnam legalization service to assist you in legalizing your documents issued in Singapore to ensure they are accepted in Vietnam.
Our Singapore document legalization service is available for:
|Commercial/Company documents||Private documents|
|Certificate of Establishment
Certificate of Renaming
Memorandum of Understanding
Business Registration Certificate
Accounting book, Audit report
Certificate of Free Sale
Court of law’s document
Power of attorney
Driving license, ID, Passport
Certificate of merit
Overseas study documents
With more than 10 years experience in this regard, we have assisted 10,000+ expats in Vietnam to get their Singapore documents successfully legalized for legal use in Vietnam.