Important notes regarding Vietnam visa exemption:
- The 30-day interval between 02 stays with visa exemption has been removed in accordance with the new law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam which takes effect on July 1, 2020.
- British National Overseas (BNO) passport holders are not eligible for the 15-day Vietnam visa exemption. So, they need to apply for a visa to visit Vietnam.
- Visa exemption includes visa exemption for entry, exit and transit.
- The visa-free stay period is counted from the date of entry.
The above information about the Vietnam visa exemption (updated on March 15, 2021) is provided for informational purposes only, please double-check with the official authorities in your current country before departure.
Other Vietnam Visa Exemption Cases
- The 30-day visa exemption is granted to those entering the coastal economic zones decided by the Government when those zones meet the following conditions:
- having an international airport,
- having their own space;
- having defined geographical boundaries and being separate from the mainland;
- being in line with socio-economic development policies while posing no threat to the national defense, security, social order, and safety of Vietnam.So, Phu Quoc island is one of those zones. See our detailed guide on Phu Quoc visa exemption.
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) holders with valid passports are exempted from Vietnam visa requirements for a stay of no longer than 60 days. If you want to stay longer without leaving Vietnam, see exemption of Vietnam stay with ABTC.
Conditions for Making Vietnam Visa Exemption
To enter Vietnam with a Vietnam visa exemption, the eligible travelers are required to ensure:
- their passport valid for at least 6 months following their date of arrival in Vietnam; and
- their passport has at least 02 blank pages.
Vietnam Visa Exemption Extension
Before Covid, the Vietnam visa exemption can be extended in Vietnam. However, it cannot be done today.
Those who want to further remain in Vietnam after the exemption duration ends must leave Vietnam for a neighboring country (such as Thailand, Cambodia, or Laos) and come back with a new visa exemption. This way of stay extension is called Visa Run. You can check its full details here.
In case you need support for this service, feel free to let us know at our hotline/zalo/whatsapp/viber No. +84.356.396.392 or our email firstname.lastname@example.org