Today, number of Indian citizens who move to Vietnam for a long-term job is increasing. And to guarantee their legal living here, there are certain procedures which requires consular legalization of their documents issued in India to be used in Vietnam, including Vietnam work permit, getting married in Vietnam.
- Why are documents issued in Vietnam required to be legalized to be used in Vietnam?
- Whether Indian documents can be legalized in Vietnam or not?
- How to legalize Indian documents to be used in Vietnam.
Let’s figure out details here.
1. Why are Documents Issued in India Required to be Legalized to Be Used in Vietnam?
Consular legalization is a formality by which the diplomatic or consular organization certifies the authenticity of the final signature and seal on a document executed by a relevant agency. Consular legalization enables the relevant document to be recognized as valid in another country.
Vietnam and India have no agreement for consular legalization exemption, as such all Indian documents to be used in Vietnam should be consular legalized and vice versa.
2. Can a Document Issued in India be Legalized in Vietnam?
Yes. If it has been already attested by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) of India.
3. How to Legalize Indian Documents for Use in Vietnam
The full process of consular legalization of documents issued in India to be used in Vietnam can be done in India or partially in India and partially in Vietnam as follows.
3.1 How to consular legalize India documents in India
It’s very simple to have your documents issued in India legalized in India, and then used in Vietnam with the following 3 steps:
Step 1: Authentication of Documents
You first need to get your document properly notarized by Notary Public Offices or by a lawyer in India, and then authenticated by the Ministry of External Affairs of India.
Note: For educational certificates, MEA requires your certificates to be first attested by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD).
Step 3. Submit the documents to the Vietnam embassy in India for consular legalization
This step is also known as Vietnam embassy legalization or Vietnam embassy attestation. In this step, you will submit the following documents to the embassy of Vietnam in India:
- The documents notarized and authenticated in Step 1;
- Request form for legalization service which is a brief note requesting for the legalization service, and contact information including full name/company, address, and telephone number (Form LS/HPH-2012/TK)
- Photocopies of the notarized documents and accompanying personal documents (Passport, identity card …) for filing at the Embassy
The address that you should visit is:
- Address: 20 Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021
- Walk-in hours:
- Tuesday: 10.00 am – 01.00 pm
- Friday: 10.00 am – 01.00 pm
Step 3: Get results
That’s it. You have completed your procedure to legalize your document issued in India. Now, just take it Vietnam, translate it into Vietnamese, properly verify your translation and you then can use it in Vietnam without any trouble.
3.2 How to consular legalize Indian documents in Vietnam
Here is the process to get your document issued in Indian legalized in Vietnam:
Step 1: Get your documents authenticated by the Ministry of External Affairs of India (MEA)
Note: Educational certificates issued in India should be attested by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) before being submitting to the MEA for authentication.
Step 2: Submit documents to the India embassy in Vietnam
In this step, you need to submit the following documents to the Embassy of India in Vietnam:
- Original and copy of the authenticated document(s);
- ID card of the submitter; and
- Power of attorney in case of authorized submission.
The address that you should visit is:
- 58-60 Tran Hung Dao Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Working hours: Monday to Friday – 09:30 – 12:30
Note: Yoga professionals seeking consular attestation of qualification/experience certificates, for issuance of work permits, are advised to first obtain necessary certification of QCI (Quality Council of India).
Step 3: Get your authenticated documents legalized by the Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs
You take the documents authenticated by the MEA and India embassy in Hanoi to the either of the following Consular office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam for final legalization.
- Consular Department in Hanoi: No. 40 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Ho Chi Minh City Department of Foreign Affairs: 184 bis Pasteur, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, HCMC.
So, we have guide you through steps to make your documents issued in India usable in Vietnam. This process involves your travel in India, as such, we highly recommend you legalize all your Indian documents in India before entering Vietnam.
In case you are in Vietnam and don’t know how to deal with legalization of your document, no matter it is authenticated by the Ministry of External Affairs of India or not, we are here to help.
4. India Document Legalization Service in Vietnam
We know that it will be very difficult for you to legalize your documents issued in India if you are in Vietnam now, as:
- You don’t know how to send your original documents to India and back to Vietnam safely;
- You don’t have someone in India to help you with full process of authentication and legalization;
- Your person in India do not know how to get your documents legalized on your behalf;
- You don’t know how to get your legalized documents translated into Vietnam and then verified.
But now worry. We are here to help you with our Consular Legalization Service.
Our Indian Document Legalization Package covers:
- Authentication by Ministry of External Affairs of India;
- Consular legalization by Vietnam embassy in India, or authentication by the Indian Embassy in Hanoi and then Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- Verified translation into Vietnamese.
To use our Indian Document Legalization Service, you only need to follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Contact us for quote (via hotline +84 32 896 0880, email email@example.com or the contact form below).
- Step 2: Send us your documents.
- Step 3: We process your order.