But before you go, you need to acknowledge Vietnam visa requirements. The following is a short, clear checklist of documents required for Vietnam visa application. It applies to those who are not exempted from Vietnam visa.
Vietnam visa requirements – Documents for getting a Vietnam visa:
1. Passport: valid for at least 6 months following your arrival date to Vietnam and have at least 2 blank pages for immigration stamps. A temporary passport maybe not accepted.
2. Visa Approval Letter: required if you want to get a Vietnam business visa.
3. Photo: two (2) passport-sized photos (4×6 cm) and must be taken recently without glass-wear. Check detailed Vietnam visa photo requirements.
4. Visa application form: Immigration Entry and Exit Application Form for Vietnam visa on arrival.
5. Vietnam visa fees
- Travelers who transit through Vietnam airport should check the airlines for Vietnam visa requirements;
- Travelers directly visiting Phu Quoc Island, either by boat or airplane from a country other than Vietnam, and stay for less than 30 days are not required to have Vietnam visa.
- In case you are granted visa-free access to Vietnam, you just need a passport with at least 6 months of validity following your date of entry into Vietnam.
- The visa approval letter is valid at the airport only. So if travelers enter Vietnam by land or cruise, they can apply for a Vietnam visa via the local embassy.